Oh my it has been a long while! I have so much to write about but so little time, so I think this post will be a little bit of everything! So here goes…
I feel I have become stuck in a style rut and have resorted to a t-shirt and jeans uniform for college. I find this incredibly boring and uninspiring, however the problem stems from having to cycle to college and having to take in to account practicality and the weather. I seem to have a rather large wardrobe but nothing to wear- nothing seems to go together although I have a few new additions from Christmas- I bought a majority of stuff from Topshop as my budget doesn’t usually cover the cost of anything in there. My favourite pieces include my ‘Brush Gingham’ aline skirt and a bright orange long sleeved ‘crepe’ top.
Just like my clothes I’ve been replaying the same old thing since November but I felt 2014 = new year, new music! I haven’t bought any music in ages, only listening to a playlist I created on Xbox music however I have discovered some new and interesting sounds I am going to share with you…
1) Metronomy- I’m Aquarius . This tune is a little weird but soo good.
2) Warpaint- Feeling alright/ Love is to die . These 2 songs are mesmerising and the whole album is pretty good (+ I love the album art)
3) Bombay Bicycle club- Carry me . This has been around a couple of weeks but I really love this song.
4) I have recently got into some electronic music, it is quite repetitive by its utterly fabulous to have as Super cool background noise whilst working. My two favourite tracks are…
Onra- L.O.V.E and Chromatics- looking for love
5) Ok, this turning into quite a list, but in at number 5 is DRENGE, anything by this band is pretty awesome, I got to see them last year and met Rory after the gig which was amazing!
6) last but certainly not least is A View from the afternoon by the Arctic Monkeys, this is off their first album and I never really listened to it – but my love for this song was rekindled by their performance when I saw them November (they where amazing despite me being so pissed off about them cancelling 1st time round and me having to travel all the way to Birmingham twice ).
-Oh and the White Stripes (don’t know them? HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK!?, if so rock person, check out ‘Hardest Button to Button’ and ‘Blue Orchid’.
I’m very naughty and don’t really read books, but I have gotten into online blogs that provide me with plenty to read therefore I have some recommendations…
My Blog Annabelissimo (Just kidding- if you’re on this page your probably lost)
Dazed Digital- this is an ubercool site that has a lot of edgy material
Never Underdressed- This covers fashion, culture and beauty- a must see
Topshop Inside-out – this is fashion heaven.
My ideas have suddenly come to a halt and I can’t seem to think of something interesting to write, so I’ll just indulge in telling you some pop culture I’m into at the mo…
‘Great interior design challenge’ BBC2 – this program is a bit of fun, not particularly original but I love interior design (something I would love to do as a living).
The US office- I very rarely get to see this as its on obscure channels in the UK at like 2am, but I checked it out after seeing a ton of gifs on tumblr and its rather amusing.
(More Americana) Fashion Police on E! -fashion is a passion of mine and this shows looks from the world of celebrity and Joan Rivers’ take on some looks is quite amusing but mostly outrageous.
Film wise classics are always good- 10 things I hate about you, Ferris Bueller and Face off. Although there is a new Wes Anderson film coming out soon which should be good.
Art wise, I hope to visit some London galleries in February half term, an artist’s work I would really like to see is Egon Shiele’s as he is one of my favourite artists.
I think my aim for next month is to keep up the posts and find a suitable topic to explore In-depth.